Wednesday 15 November 2017

Little Ali and the Scrapbook




Hello, everyone.

    I am going to tell you another story of little Ali. This time he is bored and goes to his room to do something and then what happens? Read on and find out.
 

Little Ali and the Scrapbook

    One day, little Ali was bored. He was in the middle of his school holidays. He was sitting at the dining table with his chin in his hands as was his habit looking really bored.

    “What happened?” asked his mother peeling an onion.
   
   “I am bored,” Ali replied.

    At that moment his eyes began to water because of the onion. Suddenly he ran out of the room and came back with his toy sunglasses. He put them on and then went and sat down in his place at the dining table. His mother looked at him and asked, “Why are you wearing your sunglasses?”

      “I won’t cry if I have my glasses on,” he said.
 
     His mother chuckled and went on cutting the onions.

    “Mommy, can I help you in the kitchen?” he asked.

    “Well, there is hardly anything you can do today,” she replied. “I have done all the preparations and I am going to cook now. Why don’t you go and play in your room?”

    “There is nothing to do there,” he said.

    “Why don’t you cut out some pictures from the magazines and stick them in your scrapbook?” suggested his mother.

    “Ok, I will try that,” said little Ali slipping off his chair.

   Ali’s mother was frying the onion after a while when she suddenly heard Ali crying!

    “Mommy, mommy…………..,” he yelled.
    Ali’s mother switched off the stove and went running to his room to see what the matter was.
 
    When she reached there she had to suppress her laughter at what she saw! Ali was standing in the middle of the room with pictures stuck on his hands, on his arms, on his legs and even on his hair! He really looked a sight!

    “Whatever have you done to yourself?” asked his mother.

    “I was trying to stick some pictures in my scrapbook but they all got stuck onto me,” he explained, crying. “I can’t get them to stick in the book.”

    His mother took him in the bathroom and gave him a thorough bath and soon he was rid of all the pieces of paper stuck on him. Then she took him downstairs and gave him a glass of milk and some biscuits.

    “I will show you how to stick pictures in your scrapbook later, alright?” his mother said and gave him a big hug.

    “Alright,” Ali replied.
    Later, that day, she taught him to stick pictures in his scrapbook.

    When Ali’s father came back from work that day Ali’s mother related the story to him, laughing uncontrollably.

    Ali’s father picked him up and gave him a hug.

    “Whatever are you going to do next, buddy?” he asked with a laugh.

    By the way, when my children were little they used to do the same thing, that is, wear their sunglasses when they saw me cutting onions. It really made me laugh!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment