Saturday 30 July 2016

The Poison



Hello, everyone.
    The story that I am going to tell you is based in China a very long time ago. It is the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law story. The daughter-in-law gets fed up with her mother-in-law’s bickering and decides to take a drastic step of killing her.
     Read on and find out if she succeeds in her plot.

The Poison

    Once upon a time, there was an old woman in China. She had one son and when he got to age she got him married to a very beautiful girl.
    They all lived together peacefully at first but soon the mother-in-law and the daughter in law were always at war with each other. Things got so bad that one day the daughter in law decided to do something about it.
    One day she went to a traditional doctor and told him to give her poison so that she could kill her mother in law.
    The doctor looked at him for a while and then said, “Are sure you want to kill her?”
    “Yes,” she replied.
    “Very well,” he said, “I will give you some medicine, but you will have to promise me something.”
    “I will do anything to get rid of that old woman,” she said, decidedly.
    “Here is what you will have to do,” the doctor said. “You will have to act very nicely with her and cook her favourite food for her and be kind do whatever she wants. Will you be able to do that? If you can then I will give you some slow poison that will do its work slowly.”
    “If I can get rid of her I am willing to do that,” she said.
    Then, the doctor gave her some powder and told her to put a little bit of it in her mother in law’s food.
    The daughter in law went home and started to act very nicely towards her mother in law. She cooked for her whatever she wanted and the mother in law started to be kind to her. Now as days went on, the daughter in law really started to get fond of her mother in law. She started to feel guilty.
    One day, she just could not bear it anymore and went to the doctor again.
    “Doctor,” she said, “I have come to tell you that I don’t want to poison my mother in law. She is a very sweet lady. I like her very much. How can I reverse the effect of the poison that you have given me?”
    The doctor looked at her and smiled.
    “I never gave you any poison,” he said. “I knew it was just a misunderstanding between you two. I had given you vitamin powder to help her get healthy. It’s just that she was feeling weak that she had become like that.”
    “Thank you, doctor,” said the daughter in law. “You are so understanding.”
    With that she went home with a light heart.
    After that there were no quarrels and everybody lived happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment